Friday, March 17, 2017

TEACHERS RECOLLECTIONS

TEACHER PANDORA

Pandora 1
Teaching wasn’t a thing that I really thought of doing. I didn’t like the idea of preparing materials and activities beforehand and dealing with students because it creates a fear in me that maybe I couldn’t be good enough for them to learn and grow. However, my experience of teaching online shifted into another perception. J-P English was my first online English school. I had some experiences in teaching students on a Sunday school (quite similar to a cram school), but it was way too different than this.
I actually saw their ad on an online job search and submitted my application along with other online schools as well. Not so long the company contacted me and I thought that maybe I should give it a shot. I have never tried working at home and that made me intrigued if this would really work out or not. The purpose of my applying was out of curiosity and of course, who would not want to work in a place where you can be comfortable and have a flex time? Besides, I was really so desperate to have a job for me to continue my studies and finish my degree. Perhaps, some know that a part-time job in the Philippines is difficult to find and this was the perfect chance for me.
So far, I have been working here for a year as Home-based ESL teacher.  At first, I was doing it for the job. But as time went by, I had attachment with the students and my work. I never felt like I was doing my job as a job itself. It was like I was doing what I really enjoyed. Don’t get me wrong because it was really difficult for me at first and there were times that I wanted to quit because it felt like I wasn’t made for this. But seeing the student’s laughter and sharing experiences with them held me back to stay and continue to inspire them in being confident speakers. I may have ups and downs as an online teacher, but the compliments I received and recognition given were priceless that wouldn’t hinder me from motivating them more. It helped me discover that I have other potential than just focusing on myself. I had a passion of also helping others to do more and achieve what they wanted to do with the help of using the English language. Not only the students, but at last I found a work that wasn’t toxic. Every person that I have dealt with even if it’s online was accommodating and warm. They would always lift you up into building yourself more. I may be working at home, but it feels like I had a connection with them more than online.
It was my pleasure working in J-P English. The company would really provide as much as they can to mold not only existing teachers but also potential teachers to help students. They do not only focus on the growth of its students but also with the teachers. I would be forever grateful with the tons of wonderful and colorful experiences I had and will continuously have.

TEACHER SUSIE

I have taught in different online ESL teaching companies and several obstacles exist. Some of the interruptions that I have faced are in the use of technology, unanticipated concerns, and hard-to-deal-with students. Though these problems are inevitable, I have experienced better ways to overcome them when I have worked in J-P English Corp.
There are different departments in J-P that have helped me through in working as an online teacher in the company for more than a year now. The Monitoring Team has oriented me regarding web navigation, deliverables, and tools needed for the classes. The members of the team have ensured that everything works before my lessons start. They do Skype connection check and assist me when I have clarifications with my class schedules. They have been very accommodating and encouraging. As an online teacher, I have encountered difficult students and I admit that sometimes they get on my nerves. It is good news that I have conducted lessons with respectful and professional students in J-P ever since. Also, there is the Training and QA Team that has coached me on how to deal with students by the rules and to keep my positivity. The team is very helpful and patient.
I have enjoyed online teaching in J-P English Corp. because of the people I have worked with. I hope that anyone who wants to be an online ESL teacher will meet them as well.

TEACHER ALYSSA

Education is something that has always been very important to me and even though I’ve already received my bachelor’s degree, I felt that earning my master’s aside from satisfying my desire for further knowledge, will open up more opportunities for my career. About 10 months ago, I decided to focus on my studies and become a full-time student. However, this puts a strain on my finances. I tried to look for part-time jobs, but most of them had work hours that I couldn’t really accommodate without sacrificing some of my classes. One of my friends, who has been working as an online tutor for some time, referred me to J-P English Corporation. I was quite reluctant to apply since I didn’t really have any teaching background, however, I really needed a job with a flexible schedule, so I ended up applying online.
Since then, I have been teaching students part-time. Thanks to the flexible work hours, I can focus on my studies and still earn money during my free time. Of course, being able to meet people from a different culture is also a plus. Dealing with the students has really helped me learn how to be flexible and to appreciate the differences and similarities of Japanese and Filipino cultures. They also have monthly rewards for the best performing teachers, so that’s another bonus!
My experience here has been really great so far. Kudos to all the friendly and supportive staff who have been such great help especially during my first month as a tutor. I hope to keep on working here for a long time.

TEACHER APRIL

Although I have experienced being a peer tutor when I was a student, back then, I’ve never actually considered teaching as a career option. By the time I’ve graduated from university, I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to do and so I worked a couple of jobs, one of which is being a home-based online encoder. I found the job quite convenient, however, it didn’t really allow for much interaction with other people, and so after about a month, I decided to try and venture towards other online jobs. This is how I stumbled on J-P English Corp.’s job advertisement. The job description really appealed to me and I immediately decided to give it a try. I sent my application on the very same day, went through the interviews, training, demo classes, requirement submission and was able to start teaching within just a few days.
Of course, having no prior online teaching experience, the first few lessons was quite nerve-wracking for me. Fortunately, I found that the company’s support staff, trainers, and other teachers were quite approachable and always willing to help. This undoubtedly helped me in building up my confidence and learning to enjoy teaching Japanese students.
Aside from aiding my financial needs, teaching has also helped me grow as a person in many different ways. Through this job, I was able to meet people with so many diverse backgrounds. It challenged me to learn how to handle and communicate with students of different levels and ages as well as personalities. The company itself also continuously provides opportunities for growth and so far, I’ve been able to handle trial lessons and have had the chance to meet students in person as well as teach them one-on-one. Aside from that, they also provide regular coaching which really helps me work on my skills. In addition, the positive feedback from the coaches, students, and staff is also a tremendous boost to my confidence and motivation.
I have been working for J-P English Corp. for around 3 years now and I can say that my stay here has been and is still an extremely rewarding experience. I feel quite grateful to be part of this growing team and each new person I meet, whether they be students, staff or fellow instructors only manages to make my experience even better. I hope to be able to work for the company for much more years to come.



VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT

No comments:

Post a Comment